«BTA Bank» CJSC history starts in 1996 when «Eridan» Joint-Stock Bank was established. For its working period «Eridan» JSC successfully took its place in the banking market of Kyrgyzstan providing its clients with a large range of services.
In 2001 «Eridan» JSC was renamed into «Ineximbank» Closed Joint-Stock Company. Since then the Bank, shown itself as a reliable, fast growing bank, has started its rapid development that has strengthened the trust of international financial institutions to the Bank and allowed to actively invest into private sector of Kyrgyzstan. «Ineximbank» CJSC became the first bank in the country which EBRD signed an agreement on development of credit system for small and micro business (IMF) with The Bank was the leader in mastering of the Program as evidenced by the award given to the Bank as to a leader in mastering of the Program. Management Board of this financial institution made decision on rewarding “Ineximbank” with a gold medal “For high quality in business practice”.
According to the results of annual competition «The best bank of the year» holding by «Euromoney», a popular European magazine, in 2007 «Ineximbank» CJSC was recognized to be the best bank in Kyrgyzstan. Growth of the Bank financial measures, successful holding of an expansion strategy and a high level of corporate management were considered to be the most important achievements of the Bank. The best banks were defined separately in every region. There are such big and widely known banks as «City Bank» (the USA), «Deutsche Bank» (Germany), «Société Général» (France), «Raiffeisen Bank» (Austria) among the nominees. «TuranAlem Bank» was recognized the best one in Central Asia.
A strategic decision on renaming of «Ineximbank» CJSC into «BTA Bank» CJSC was taken during a General Shareholders meeting in the end of December, 2007, as «Ineximbank» became a part of the BTA financial group. The decision on the Bank renaming was made in accordance with the holding of general conception of rebranding and renaming of the whole BTA structure. «BTA Bank» CJSC became an assignee of «Ineximbank» CJSC after the realization of all necessary law procedures in March, 2008.
In 2009 for successful work and major contribution to social-economic development of the town, the Branch of the Bank in Jalal Abad town was awarded by Mayor’s Office with title of honor “The best investor of the year”. Further accomplishment of geographical widening project aimed to providing of extensive banking services to population is the part of strategic development of the Bank.
2010 became the year of strength test not only for our bank and banking sector as a whole, but for also for Republic economy. Though after political changes in April 2010 society hoped for best life, the tragic events in June created severe circumstances for survival for business structures and simple citizens. And just due to tolerance, faith, and desire to built the better and worthy life in the country, all society of Kyrgyz Republic including business society makes optimistic steps toward overcoming of political and economical crises. CJSC “BTA Bank” as one of them managed not only to save its assets but coped with all difficult problems in a proper manner and accomplished its liabilities to its clients following checked strategic line, i.e. stating as a priority the importance of trust of clients to the Bank. Bank strictly and rigorously followed all requirements of financial service market and norms set by NBKR.
In 2016 the “BTA Bank” CJSC was among the first to sign an agreement with the Russian-Kyrgyz Development Fund on providing a credit line for financing small and medium-sized businesses as well as the General Agreement on cooperation with the State Mortgage Company.
The "BTA Bank" CJSC has received additional licenses from the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic: for the right to issue electronic money and to carry out banking transactions with precious metals.
On June 20, 2018, received a license from the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic "For the right to conduct operations in accordance with the Islamic principles of banking and financing through the" Islamic window" in the national and/or foreign currency."
Bank’s awards and accomplishments
- A gold medal “For high quality in business practice” awarded by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development – 2006.
- In accordance with the outcomes of an annual competition conducted by Euromoney European Magazine, it was recognized as the “Best Bank of the Year” in Kyrgyzstan. Growth of financial indices of the Bank, successful fulfillment of the strategy of extension and the high level of corporative management were called as the main accomplishments of the Bank – 2007.
- “Good Faith Taxpayer” Certificate was awarded by the State Committee on Taxes and Dues of the Kyrgyz Republic for a significant contribution into development of economy, active participation in formation of the revenue side of the budget and exemplary execution of the tax legislation – 2008.
- Deutsche Bank’s 2008 Straight-Through Processing (STP) Excellence Award for high quality execution of documents in the SWIFT system – 2008.
- The Bank’s employees were given state awards for merits in the country’s bank system development – 2009.
- The title of honor “The Best Investor of the Year” was awarded to CJSC BTA Bank’s branch in Jalal-Abad by the mayor’s office for its weighty contribution into social and economic development of the city – 2009.
- Certificate holder of Microfinance Information Exchange, Inc. (MIX Market) for cooperation reflected in transparency, quality and reliability of the financial information provided – 2009.
- Winner of the Bank cup from the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic and the savings banks Foundation for international cooperation "Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe", Germany ("Sparkassen - Finanzgruppe") on "Strategic management in the Bank" – 2016.
- BTA Bank got the1st place in the nomination “The Best Bank-Partner” from the Russian-Kyrgyz Development Fund. At the end of 2016 for the effective and quality services for small and medium-sized businesses BTA Bank CJSC is acknowledged to be the best bank-partner of the Russian-Kyrgyz Development Fund – 2016.
- BTA Bank got the 2nd place in the nomination “The best bank” from State Mortgage Company. Also at the end of 2016, couple employees became winners in the nomination "The Best credit specialist" – 2016.
According to the results of 2018, the State Mortgage Company in the nomination “Regional Development of the Year” awarded the branch of CJSC “BTA Bank” in Kara-Balta with the Certificate of Merit “The Best Branch in Mortgage Credits”.
Also, according to the results of 2018, the Russian-Kyrgyz Development Fund noted the awards of BTA Bank employees for their active participation in financing projects in the regions of the country.